Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

She doing well. She was up in the chair for an hour and a half. She is using her incentive spirometer. When I was sitting beside her bed speaking with her (she was in bed) I noticed that the tape on her NG that should have been attached to her nose was about four inches from her nose. She pushed the call button and the RN (Megean) came in and pushed it back in and taped it to her nose again. Lisa sure was glad I noticed that one, because the thought of having them put one in while she was awake did not seem appealing to her. I left her room about 8PM and she said that before the evening was over, their goal was for her to walk to the door (about 20 feet away) and back to her bed. It may sound easy for us, not for her right now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Wow It will be neat to know if she did her first walk! its a rough one! just getting in and out of bed doing their "log roll" wasnt fun. Hopefully she will keep you posted on her continued progress."inquiring minds want to know" lol.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home