Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Post Op Day One
This is the picture of Lisa that she did not want me to post until after she was back and doing well. She didn’t want her daughter or her mother to see it and freak out. She was sedated and resting. The emesis basin was there from the night before.

She is doing well. When I got to Dayton International Airport to pick Lisa up, I saw that her flight was delayed. It was suppose to arrive at 10:55 pm and it was an hour late. It was storming real badly, so I wasn’t surprised. I was so glad to see her. I thought that the airport personnel were going to be pushing her in the wheelchair, but she came walking. She had a big grin on her beautiful face when she saw me. I asked her why she wasn’t sitting in a wheelchair being pushed by an airport employee. She said she just started walking, because she didn’t want to wait. That’s my Lisa (LOL). I had a wheelchair for her so sat while we waited for the luggage to arrive on the conveyer belt. On the way home it poured down rain harder than I think I ever remember. I had to come to a stop at one point at the side of the highway. There were semi-trucks pulled off everywhere. Not even pouring rain could keep Lisa from home. She was surprised to see that I had bought Hello Kitty Sheets and pillows for her first night back home. She just kept smiling. She said I would not believe how good it felt to be back in her own bed. She sent me out to the MCL Cafeteria to get her some baked cod and Harvard beets. I know the beets are probably pure sugar, but she said they were wonderful. She ate about ¼ of the serving. I am being the domesticated man around the house, and I am making her let me do the things that need done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

WOW, it was rough im sure. I am so glad Lisa has you to help her! lol Catering too! I cant imagine how glad she was to be home! How did the kitties react? they prob wont let her out of their site!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home