Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I (Michael) made it home safe. I left Minneapolis at 4:50am (CST) and arrived at home in Indiana at 0730 (EST). It was a long drive, but God granted me travel safety. I am rather tired though. I know that others have traveled farther (Florida and California).

Lisa is doing great. I just got off the phone with her. Dr. Barnett told us yesterday that he was going to have the intrajugular IV discontinued today and a PICC line place. They took her to radiology to put the PICC line in her arm and while she was down there, her PCA pain medicine malfunctioned and she went an hour without receiving any pain medication. She was a hurt pup when they finally got her back up stairs. The two radiology techs paged a transporter to take her back up to her room, but when a long time had gone by and they still hadn't arrived, Lisa finally said, "Why doesn't one of you take me back, you are not doing anything but sitting there, anyway." One of them finally did. That's my Lisa, take the bull by the horns. She is walking more and getting stronger. We are hoping for a continued improvement. I figure if she has to stay the whole two weeks, she will be doing patient care on the other patients...Once a nurse, always a nurse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Glad you got home safely! Did her roomie leave yet? Iknow that had to be soo rough with no pain relief for an hour , then the time it takes for it to catch back up. EEEEK.. Keep up the walking and moving and spirometer! The race is on Lisa! We know youll be home in NO TIME!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home