Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006



19 September 2006
I am posting a picture of Lisa sleeping at the Best Western. She had awakened and once she got the pain under control, she laid back down and got a couple of hours of sleep while I surfed the net and ran for McDonald’s coffee. She has her tube feeding going, and she is sleeping in her normal position. Note Wilbur (the tube feeding pump), her companion who follows her around, who knows, maybe she is following the pole rather than the other way around…Food for thought.

We have arrived in Minneapolis. It is very busy here, of course, but we are glad to be here. We are staying at the Radisson attached to the University of Minnesota, and it is so much nicer than the Best Western that we stayed in last night. Avoid the other if you are coming up here to see Dr. Sutherland. We traveled on I-74 from Indianapolis and west until Bloomington, Ill and straight up I-39 to Wisconsin. We did it that way to avoid Chicago. We are so glad we did, because our stress level was much lower. We hated that Chicago drive both up and back. I-39 was a wonderful drive as was I-74. We listened to a variety of music on the way up here: Carpenters, Hillsongs, The Beetles (she tuned them out as best she could), Slow hits stuff from the 70's.... My God, I think we are getting old! Since when did all this stuff sneak into my life. In high school I was a heavy metal fanatic. Thank God God happened. We are getting ready for bed because she has to be at the transplant department at 8am and she doesn't do well in the morning, so she needs plenty of sleep. Thank you for reading this blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Amen to that Radisson! Im so glad you all got there safely. Wow what a picture with the tube feeding too. You will be so glad to be at the radisson because they WILL NOT let you stay with her! they were adamant that we leave the hospital, but thats ok. I got some good night sleep versus trying to sleep sitting up in a chair. You need your rest so you can help Lisa deal with her part. Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated!! Please let us know when surgery is on friday, so we can all pray for you both!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home