Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Monday, September 18, 2006

18 September 2006
Well, we are finally on the road. We stopped once we got into Illinois to get some coffee and to relieve our aching bladders. We like McDonald's coffee when we travel and when we saw the sign, we hit the off ramp and when we got near the McDonald's, I said, "Oh my Gosh. I don't believe this!" It was the same McD's that was next to the Best Western in Danville we stayed in that night we got the call from the insurance company denying us in August. What are the chances.
We miss our Ashley and our cats. We are staying the night at a Best Western Clock Tower Resort in Rockford, Ill. (7801 East State Street, Rockford, Ill 61108) Room 1103. It is small, but we will be gone tomorrow anyway. We will arrive in Minneapolis late afternoon or early evening. We don't leave first thing in the morning, because Lisa cannot move well in the morning due to her illness. It takes a while for her to get moving and that is ok. We don't have to be in the University of Minnesota until Wednesday morning anyway.

Michael

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Take your time and try to enjoy the scenery. its a brave step the two of you are taking! Hopefully all will continue to go uneventfully! how funny its the same Mc-ds?!! Wednesday and Friday will come fast! soon it will be behind you and all this ugliness with the insurance companies will also be behind you. Have faith and hang in there! its hard being the driver too, so rest yourself well as well. Continue to support one another, hugs from sunny fla.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,
This is Lisa's Mother. It is wongerful to be able to see pictures of you and Lisa, but it is especially wonderful to know Lisa will not have to deal with thumpy anymore. I know she has a long road ahead of her but I think the worst is over. She has suffered more than most people would understand(that is behind her now) Kiss Lisa for me and tell her that I love her and I love you too. Lover Mom

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home