Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Monday, September 11, 2006

In my hot little hand I hold the contracts signed by the insurance carriers and the University of Minnesota. The surgery for September 22,2006 is a go, I have to be in Minneapolis, Minnesota on the 20th for clinic. We will leave on the 17 as it takes 2 days to get there, and my clinic appointment is at 8am. They will be in for a site, I am not fuctional at 8am, let them see me scream, it is about time.
The fear of surgery is not there, the fear of life as I know it is more real. I would rather die than stay this way. But, that is not God's plan, I will live to Glory his name again, and tell of his wonders and love for his people. Maybe somehow my story will bring someone to know Christ. Maybe, my testimony of all I have been through will bring someone to know that who can be against you if Christ is for you. I know that I am more than just a conqueror, for my KING has conquered the grave. He held the keys to death and the grave and asked it " death where is thou victory, grave where is thou sting" He knew before the foundation of the earth, before you or I existed how it would be. How it would be for each and everyone of us. He is faithful. I say that not because I have gotten what I wanted, but because he is faithful and his will be done. Even if God never did anything else for me, the price that was paid for me the day Christ died and took the punishment I deserved then that would be enough. Either way I win. If something should go wrong, I go into eternity to him, what could be better than that? Nothing I could imagine. Quote from Hillsong. Jesus, Jesus, you are Holy, Heaven and Earth declare your Praise both now and ever more, I will glorify your name.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Lisa!

I am so happy for your! Your day finally came and it is goodbye Thumpy forever! YIPPIE. We are all celebrating your victory!

God bless and stay well,

Maddi

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home