Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

September 2,2006
Yesterday I received confirmation from my husband's employer thru the HR dept. They have a breakdown of all of the charges. Transplant carrier has decided now to pay for the islet harvesting fees. The other will fall under the major medical portion of my insurance. I was even told by the HR person over the benefits that everything as far as the charges have already been broken down and are all in writting, I was instructed to call MN and ask for an appointment for the tp/ict surgery. I informed her that they won't take my word for it, they want it from the responsible person and will want documentation to make sure this time that they don't scedule a surgery and then have it cancelled. This looses money for the hosptial also. When they block off 12-14 hours of surgery time, and then it is cancelled these are surgeries that are planned months in advance. So it appears that I will be having the tp/ict after all, now all I want is a date, and I hope they don't make it in December. I have even told them I will take an on call status, in the event that someone would cancel, I will take their spot. I want this pancreas and duodeum out of me so bad I can't stand it.
I don't know if has been the stress or just the progression of the disease in and of itself, but I have had 2 ER visits within 10 days and it took mega doses of medications to stop the screaming that had started at 4am. I had home care with IV fluids for 3 days as I could not tolerate half strength tube feeding. Then again this Tuesday I woke up to my usual screaming only could not get it controlled enough to calm back down, so back to ER; they could not get an IV established because my veins are trashed and I was dry, so I received 2 shots in the rear and then was taken to radiology and had an IV established under ultrasound, and it hurt. But we do what we have to, my back hurt worse than the IV. Once it was going then I could obtain pain meds through the IV by then I was already getting sleepy from the injections, would sleep and little and wake up and say " it feels like my spine is collapsing" I was finally discharged with my pain under control and given 10 higher strength pain meds to have when this occurs. None of these visits should have EVER happened I should not have had a pancreas at that time, but after the surgery is over and I am healed that issue will also be delt with. I encourage anyone who is reading this blog if you are having problems with your insurance carrier not wanting to pay for things that you know are covered and they are trying to get out of it , I emplore you to contact this office, it is a non for profit agency that has the staff available to address these issues for you . Being ill, I would have never been able to fight them without assistance, and I am to sick to be running all over Gods green earth looking for an attorney. It is because of this foundation that my surgery has been approved they can be reached at www.patientadvocate.org an intake worker will take your information turn it over to a nurse and then they will contact you. The only thing is that you have to sign a paper giving them permission to work on your behalf. The nure I worked with was awesome she knew exactly what to do. It was her idea to split the charges between the carriers. This is what they are there for. I will post as soon as I have a date . I leave with this " My Savior, reedemer lifted me from the miry clay, Almight,Forever. I will never be the same since you came near, from the everlasting, to the world we live, the fathers only son, you lived, you died, you rose again on HIGH, you opened a way for the world to live again, hallelujah for all you've done." Words taken from a Hillsong tract titled : For all you've done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

They have a breakdown of all of the charges


Id be wanting a copy ALL my own! first off so that if it doesnt get sent youll have a copy , also you can send a copy yourself to MINN. and also a copy for when you consult a lawyer! Glad its all finally coming about again!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home