Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Friday, August 11, 2006

August 11,2006
It is with a heavy heart that I post my surgery was denied. My husband and I had left for our appointments, had stopped for a potty break and a drink for him and the cell phone rang. I had just bought it a prepaid for him traveling back and forth. I knew no one had that number except home. Apon answer it was the major medical insurance carrier. I guess there was a question as to the cell transplant and the transplant carrier had denied. I know no more today then I did initially. I have spoke with many people from my husbands work and their major medical carrier but have heard nothing from the transplant carrier. I cannot appeal something that I do not have a written denial. No one had even bothered to notify MN, when I called and told them that had no clue.
At this point who knows what is going to happen. I know one thing my j-tube needs changed. It was suppose to be changed a month ago, but I knew it would be changed in surgery so I spoke with the radiologist and he said it would wait. I didn't want to waste the 4k it would cost. So I need to get that done. For now the blog will stay as it is, if I ever get any information I will post it. So we learn to continue to live with pancreatitis, knowing there is treatment available but I can't have it. Unless, of course I want to pay the $18,883 for the cell transplant, for which I do not have. So another day, another week, another month will pass, islet cells will continue to be destroyed, if there were very many left anyway. What ever will be, I have no control, and no money, so that is life, another learning experience. I will however NEVER leave my home again without some written documentation that I have received approval, to which I have been told will never happen. That there will always be a disclaimer on there, not a guarantee of benefits and that benefits will be determined after procedure is submitted. I don't know how they look themselves in the mirror or sleep at night. I do know there will come a judgement day and for them that day they will pay for their Sins, and I am sure they will get what they have coming. I am a child of the MOST HIGH GOD. Jesus is my King, my Father, and MY PRINCE OF PEACE. He is my advocate, and in the end I would rather be a child of God than of this world. That is one thing no insurance company can take from me. I choose Jesus, because he choose me first, I was on his mind, while he hung there dying, I was on his mind, and that is GOOD enough for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

well there is definately a SPECIAL place in HE double hockeystics for them thats for sure! sometimes i wonder if its not some sick powertrip! but again, it will happen in HIS time but we sure would like it in ours! hang in there! Dont give up!!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home