Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Monday, July 17, 2006

July 17, 2006
Another day awake at 4am. Pain meds in at 4am and then 8am and then able to go back to a light sleep. Up again at 11:30 awaiting that half an hour for more pain meds. I managed to make it through without taking pain meds again until 3pm. Can't say that they are helping that much anymore. I keep telling myself hold on just another few weeks and this "monster" inside will be out of you.
It is terribly hot outside, probably too hot for me to go out. There are things that I need from the store, it will wait until it gets a little cooler for me.
I have to drive on Wednesday for my pump to be filled. I have an intrathecal pump ( pain pump) it has to be filled about every 6 weeks. If your interested in learning about them the web site is www.medtronic.com this thing helped so much when it was first put in. I went from being bedfast to up and able to bathe myself without assistance. It truly was a gift from God. What I really needed was to have my pancreas removed, but there are few surgeons that are willing to do such a radical surgery. I may have heard of the tp/ict before, but some how didn't think it was for me. With the tube feeding a failure, I feel I have no other option, and I can't continue on the way I am. I will be 40 in the next few weeks and if I don't get off of the pain meds then I am going to have issues related to them. Kidney or liver problems, so the tp/ict must happen. I am however going to be truthful and say that I am not looking forward to it, but it is a means to an end. If I get a 25% reduction in pain then it will be worth it. Today has been bad I may not make it to the store, I will probably be lucky if I get supper fixed for my family before I am back in bed. I didn't get dressed until 3pm, I hate for my husband to come home from work and see me still in my night gown it looks like I haven't done anything. Which is not true, I like the way they hang from my shoulders no pressure around the abdomen or j-tube site. Soon this will no longer be an issue. August 11th get here soon. Better yet make it September 1st so I can be back home, with my husband, daughter and feline children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home