Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006


I made this pair of pants. I hate trying to buy clothes, nothing ever fits. My abdomen is larger than the rest of me. Making it hard to find clothes that fit in the belly. Uusually purchased clothes are huge in the hips or rear if they fit around me.You can see my dressing for my j-tube, I had worked on these for about an hour, you can see that I am very tired. The tail on the back is the elastic that I had inserted, I had my husband take a picture so I could get a good look at how they fit and to see what they really looked like on me. I love to sew, and do crafty type things. My illness takes alot out of me, and I don't usually feel like doing anything. If I get done what needs to be done for my family I am doing well. The pants were too big, I have still never finished them. Oh, well at least I tried. It is terribly difficult to get up and down the basement stairs with the tube feeding. I have to take it off the pole and carry the bottle and then put it on another pole and keep it plugged in, the battery doesn't work very well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Oh another common interest, OUTSIDE of panc! I worked for a Maes fabrics and Joanne fabrics for years! I too am a sew/craft fanatic. So much fabric so little time! I wish I had a basement or alternate room I could use as a craft/hobby room. Id definately have more done lol.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home