Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday, July 28, 2006

July 28, 2006My time that I feel productive enough to get something done has been consumed with attempting to cook and freeze food for my family. Last year, while trying to find something that I could eat ( that would not cause terrible pain) I saw on TBN a man named Rubin Jordan. Who has an awesome testimony about a G.I. disease that almost took his life. If your interested to read the website is www.makersdiet.com I started this diet and put everyone in my family on it. I did learn some things although this diet focus' alot on fat which we all know we can't tolerate. I will say that between the time I started this diet and the tube feeding it did keep me going. I ate things that I never EVER thought that I would eat. Something called kefir which is basically spoiled milk, I used it on organic cereal as protein intake was real hard. Meat is terribly hard for me to digest and I had to come up with an alternative. I tried protein bars, but they hurt just as bad as meat. I gave up all simple sugars and pitched out everything in my cabinets that weren't whole grain. I joined a food co-op for the ability to try new foods and spices. There I can buy 1 teaspoon or less. It was an interesting lesson. They cook lunch there everyday as it is located on the grounds of Earlham College. I did buy some cooked cousous once with roasted veggies and rosemary. It was quite tastey actually. Everything they cook there is vegan, so when in Rome do like a Roman I suppose. We are all eagerly awaiting Augusts arrival, wish our lives away. I just want thumpy out and anything else that has to do with thumpy, so I guess that would the duodeum since they are one and the same. I am glad for the week end my poor husband works full-time and is in an intensive BSN class. It is a get it done in 18months type deal and each class that would normally take months at a University lasts no more than 5 weeks with the way he is doing it. It will be over in the spring on 2007. Then on to graduate school, for what he has not yet determined. He kicks around the idea of NP ( nurse practioner) but he is not sure. What ever it is he will do well with it. I will brag on him, he ALWAYS has the highest GPA in the class, it will settle for nothing less. If my surgery is successful I plan to return to high education again myself. Probably a degree in health care adminstration, since nursing is out, with the lifting, tugging and pulling on people. I have worked in a nursing home when I was a young nurse and it was ok then, but my skill level when I left nursing had grown so much, I don't think I would ever be able to go back to that type of nursing. I worked in occupational health when I left it was a subdivision of the ER and I worked in the ER in the mornings until our Dr. arrived. Boy, I sure did learn alot there, you either learn or leave, adapt or get out.The pain from the pancreatitis is getting worse. I think the timing for the surgery is going to be right on time. Any later and I don't know how much more of it I could stand. The j-tube is holding up. It was suppose to be changed last week, but I discussed it with the radiologist who placed it and I believe Dr. Sutherland mentioned replacing it so I saw no need to do it twice within 3 weeks of each replacement. I want to save what insurance money I have, I may need it. I am quite suprise that no one ever leaves any comments. Does that mean that no one comes here? I don't know. Am I doing this as a waist of time? I guess if one person stumbles across and finds help then it will have been worth every word of it.If you do come here, if you don't want to comment that is fine. Ask me a question Iwill get back to you, I promise.The picture that was drawn was done by my husband. This post picture of my daughers 21st Birthday last year. I am the one with the white long sleeves and brown stripe shirt. The little dish next to me is my baby.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl. You must me very proud.

-Her stepdad

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

Your Blogger is not a waste of time. Please continue writing as it does help others out in cyberspace realize that CP is not as rare as one might think. I personally view all webpages regarding individual stuggles with CP.

Richard Empey

8:23 PM  
Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Girl this is NOT a waste. I come and read but sometimes just dont have time to respond. I crashed and slept after work today and now im up and semi awake LOL. THIS will be here for People who will come along LONG after your surgery. This will help untold many who are too shy to respond but need the info! YOU KEEP UP!! DONT STOP! and not only that its a great outlet for your thoughts, and ideas. Therapy too! YOU KEEP GOING!!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home