Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 29, 2006
My second ER visit since the 20th of August. I knew that my pancreatic disease was progressing, but I didn' t not realize the rate of the progression. I had told my husband prior to our leaving that this surgery would be coming right on time, as I knew I was getting more ill as the days went by.
Since I did not have the surgery, and my disease pancreas and duoduem remain, I am quite honestly miserable. None of the pain meds work as well as they did. I am going to attempt to make an appointment with chronic pain managment to increase the dose on the pump. I had thought about it prior to the surgery, but decided against it, as it would just be more meds to detox from. But at this point the only decent rest I have had is in the ER twice in the last 8 days. I was dehyrated and they could not get my IV started and had to wait 2.5 hours for the radiologist to get it, and she did a terrible job. She used a 2 inch catheter which was in the bend of my arm, thus if I moved my arm wrong the machine would scream " occlusion". I know the last Sunday it took 12 mgs of Morphine to stop the screaming, I don't know how much medication I received today, probably enough to kill a normal person. This disease process is causing so much problems. I am unable to do what needs to get done, I am grouchy because I can't sleep at night more than 2 hours and the unrelenting pain, just won't stop. Having the pump being increased is not going to take the place of having 2 very diseased organs still in my body, but there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it at this time, but roll with it and attempt to tough it out. I have however made up my mind that I am no longer pretending that everything is alright with people I see out and about, ( which I have been to 4 places in the last 3 weeks) twice to the ER, once to a partial church service and then to Wal-Mart). I feel like a prisoner sentenced to life of misery and there are no options. I have started to ask God at night to not let me wake up anymore, just let me fall asleep and die. I hope this blog is helpful to someone with pancreatitis.

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home