Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September 6, 2006
It is with great joy and PRAISES that I tell all that I have a surgery date. I found out yesterday from UM. They had a cancellation and my surgery will occur September 22,2006 that is the tentative date, as yesterday they were still awaiting documentation, which I have been assured is at my husbands work.
The transplant carrier is not covering the whole surgery as they should, but at this point we just want the surgery, those issues can't be delt with at another time. I am to be in MN on the 20th for clinic. I am so relieved, I just want the beast that dwells within my body out. Soon this will happen. I know that this will not be easy, nothing in life that is worth doing is ever easy, but we do what we have to, take the good with the bad and push forward. Everyone in my house is happy again.
I am still very painful and will be until this creature that has assumed a life of it's own is gone, but at least there is again hope that life without a pancreas will exist.
I am also greatful that we will not be traveling in MN during the winter, my biggest fear was that my husband would have to commute back to Indiana for school, during a MN winter. They are pretty bad from my understanding.
I wanted to say a big heartfelt thank you to the patient advocacy foundation, who really helped with this, without their assistance and Tonya Walker this would not be happening. If you find this blog and use their services you will be amazed that there are still good people in the world. I owe them my first born ( joke)for all the work they have done on my behalf. Here is a link
www.patientadvocatefoundation.org they can and will help you, there are no financial guidelines and they help with issues other than health problems such as debit crisis. At least check them out. They also have a group that you can join that helps individuals connect with their elected leaders. I highly suggest that all Americans get involved in the process, we put these people in office and they work of us.
Most of all the Praises I sing are for my KING, Jesus, whom without I would be lost. There were times that I felt the doorway to heaven was bolted shut from the inside. As my Pastor always says" People want the testimony without the test, they just want the mony" It is turly after we have been through the fire that the bad has been burned off, and we come out clean again. I close with the words to one of my favorite songs written by Hillsong. HOLY ONE, HOLY ONE, all creation bows to worship, hallelujah, hallelujah, glory in the highest, I will sing, and I will sing you, Praises, forever, glory in the highest and I will sing you Praises forever, God he REIGNS. God he reigns, holy is the Lord of heaven, God he reigns ,God he reigns forever more.
There music is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard, there have been times, when I have went to bed at night with this music on my Rio ( chepo ipod) and listen to this in my sleep. I does help my spirit. I will keep all informed as to how things go, my husband will do the updating while I am hospitalized but it is all in God's hands as it was before, nothing will happen as a surprise to him, nothing ever does. This surgery will not happen one minute before God is ready for it too, and I will not leave this earth one minute before he appoints that I should go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Its about time huh? glad to know you will soon be free of a particular burdensome organ! Hallelujah!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home