Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Friday, December 01, 2006

12-01-06
If you have been reading then you have found out that purple is my favorite color, once I found the purple for the font I am hooked.
I had my intrathecal pump filled last week and the pain management Dr. wanted to decrease it by 10% which I thought was crazy since I was still wearing the Duragesic patch that MN had prescribed. My opinion was to stop the patch and then we would start decreasing the intrathecal pump. I still have alot of pain, and we will decrease the pump as I am able to tolerate. I did write Dr. Sutherland an email this week and he said that he would think that my islets are functioning at max capacity now. Amazing, my blood sugars are good, I get low to frequently, that is probably because my islets are working. My pcp mentioned an insulin pump, but currently I am still trying to find the "right" dose of insulin. I will continue to try. I am getting a little response to the blog, I hate that someone else has to be sick to respond to the blog, but that is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home