Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 10-13-06

I saw my pcp today. I recieved the injections that Minnesota forgot to give me. If you have a tp/ict you should have the pneumonia shot and menigitis shot and a flu shot every year. In addition to the injections I also had some lab work done to check liver function, the results will be back next week. I told my husband this year when the flu hits I will wear a mask in public, I am not about to get sick. I have had all of the feeling bad I want.
I have made another friend in this battle against pancreatitis. I met a mother recently of a 4 year old girl with pancreatitis. I gave her Dr. Sutherlands e-mail address and told her " if he can't help you he will tell you who can". It breaks my heart to think of a little kid suffering; especially this way. She is determined not to let this take her baby from her, which is a good start. I have encouraged her to join some boards to learn about the surgery and to speak with others.
This experience with pancreatitis was bad and painful, but I have met some fine people because of it. It is what we learn through the trying events of life that make us or break us. It is how we share the gifts we are given.
There are still many waiting for their surgery, I will be able to relax more when I know all of my friends have had their surgeries and they are all better. The way it should be....

Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry and Celeste said...

Great for you! im glad you can help that lady and her daughter! And im with you.. we will all sigh with relief when everyone who wants this surgery can have it WITH the islet transplant part! and with out having to fight tooth and nail to have it either!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home