Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24, 2007

Hello fellow followers I wanted to send an update. Here in Indiana winter has finally hit and we had our first real snow on Sunday. Usually it snows by November. Boy, OH, boy am I glad it didn't snow this past Novemeber.
My life has changed so much since my surgery. I no longer wake everyday with sound of my own voice screaming. I do have pain, but it is controllable most of the time, there are rare occasions that I have pain and nothing seems to help but getting off my feet and laying down. All in all it is still a great improvement from what it was. I had my first hemoglobin A1C completed and it was 6.1 the .1 made it high, but the pcp was pleased. I don't understand people that don't want to do this diabetes thing the right way. The complications from diabetes are so preventable, with a little effort and I mean a little effort.
On January 18, 2007 I had to have an ultrasound done for my upper abdominal pain and elevated liver enzymes, as I was checking into radiology I remembered it was a year to the date of having my j-tube inserted. I was over whelmed at how much my life has changed. Don't get me wrong I am not doing cartwheels and there are days that I can barely make myself get up, but eventually I do and push forward. I haven't gained any weight back yet and it seems all the clothes for grown women are in bigger sizes. Funny when I was heavier it seemed they were all in smaller sizes .... guess what we can't win the age old battle women and clothing. I am slowly working on getting my house back in order or should I say in some order. I used to be a rather organized person and tidy at that, amazing how being sick will interfere with every aspect of our lives.
I wanted to ask everyone who has had a tp/ict to make sure they have some type of medical identification especially the diabetes part. I wear a medic alert bracelet but I found some really neat ones on line at a decent cost. These are a little fancier than what I got, but what I purchased was the basic of the basic and I will put the address on here also, I am pleased with what I have, although it would be nice to have a fancier one for special events.

www.custommedicalbracelets.com

Apothecary Products Inc.
11750 12th Avenue South
Burnsville, MN
55337
usually takes 3 weeks for delivery I spent about $13.00 for my bracelet with 2 lines of script
it is silvertone with a very heavy chain, I thought Michael
would never get the extra links to cut off.
Well I will close for now, until my next update.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I tried to email you, but it came back undeliverable. Email me if you can, thanks, Tina

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home