Lisa's pancreatitis journey

Chronicling the life of a person impending apon life altering surgery. Removal of a pancreas and other major organs and how it affects pain levels after.

Name:
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I have 2 cat children that I adore. I suffered for 10 years with chronic pancreatitis. I suffered horribly, no one should have to live I like I did.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March 7, 2007

It is with a heavy heart that I write this last blog message. I haven't done the best job with keeping up, but my heart was in the right place when I started this.
My physicial condition has changed so much that I have been doing what needed to be done and with spring coming I don't want to miss another minute of life.
I set out to bring information to others who suffer so desperately with pancreatitis either acute or chronic. I know that I can check this off my list one off with a goal met.
I dedicate this blog to all the men, women and children who have suffered with pancreatitis. To those who came before me and to those who will come long after me. Life doesn't have to be this way, step out and take a chance. I can tell you with utmost certainty that pancreatitis doesn't have anything to offer you but a life of misery. Check that diseased organ at the door in Minnesota and don't look back.
There is a mystery about change, the unseen has a way to beckon us to it, for those with pancreatitis the unseen is a better choice than the life we know.
Please don't let pancreatitis take one more day of your life, it is too precious and it shouldn't be wasted having that type of pain. Each day on earth is a gift, enjoy your present, it is your gift. Blessings to all who held my hand through 10 years of Chronic pancreatitis. You know who you are. A big heart felt "THANK YOU" to those who helped through the ordeal in Minnesota.
To Michael I wouldn't be alive today if not for you. You walked into a bad situation and never looked back. You are truly my knight in shining armour. Now to a life that we have waited for, it began a couple of months ago, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.


Lisa Atwell LPN

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa!! I tried to email you but it keeps bouncing back!
I just wanted to ask a quick question..
Hope you are doing well!
Tina

8:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Diagnosed said...

lisa...i was just diagnosed with pancreatitus. i've had this burning pain after eating on and off for about 3 years now. as a single mom with no insurance i wasn't concerned with myself but my daughter and her needs. now that she is married (since may 08), i've had to take care of me first and i'm surely not used to it. thank yu for the lovely websites and the wonderful information yu've shared with me and so many others. i have yu on my prayer list and i will keep yu and bless yu in my quiet time with the Lord. again thank yu for yur couragous testimony and i will keep checking yur sites for updates and info..... be blessed dear sister to so many. gloria @}->---

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. I am cindy. 53yrs. divorced in 06 with too much to add to that year! Stressful. I began having pain after eating oh.. I'd say about 5 yrs. The first set of Gastro Docs, which told me "I was crazy." Yet, another at I.U. same thing. Then, about last yr. Dr. Sipe from St. Vincent's Gastro, (where my internist told me to go.) I was diagnosed within an hour. So, I tried the ENDO thing, stent. It worked only for about 4 months. Then, a Celiac Block. Soon after, my pain began, and with my stomach bloated, the pain between my shoulder blades became too severe.
So, I had an appointment with my Doc. He put me in the hospital. I only saw him once. The other Docs? Were surgeons. How was I to know?
No one would listen to me about my symptoms. I could eat a solid meal one time, and then, later on in the week, another meal? I went all over myself. This has got to stop. While in the hospital this time? A Doctor came in and said, We could put in a feeding tube temporarily and see how you do. The way he was describing it? It sounded so heartless, and not much bed manners... He then said, who is following you up here in the hospital? I said, "Dr. Sipe". Well, I only saw him once during the stay. So, I left telling me I can not take the meds I was previously on, to stop those, and go to my Dr. in two weeks. This was devastating to me, and my two older Daughters'? Do not understand this kind of pain, plus, they think I am making all this up. I saw your site, and thought... hmm..I will see what you have to say on the subject. Then, you have a Fatty Pancreas. Yet, they could not tell me anything about it. I am the kind of person who does not like being in a hospital. Especially, if there is nothing wrong. Sure I was dehydrated and all. I do not know what to ask my Doctor when I go back to see him.. if you have any ideas? Please let me know.
Cindy

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Took Onglyza off and on for a year. I  have an enlarged adrenal gland. Still I await the outcome of that CT, but I know that much. Will find out more.
I had the CT because of chronic pancreatic pain that started out as "attacks" from a couple of times a month to finally after 3 months of use without interruption, "attacks" 2-3 times a week. My PA put Onglyza on my allergies list.
In the meantime, I lost almost 50 lbs in 5 months due to illness. Loss of appetite, pancreatic pain, chronic diarrhea, then eventually, inability to move my bowels. Severe back pain from the pancreas, and severe chest pain sent me to the ER where I was worked up for cardiac pain. I was cardiac cleared, but told my amylase was very low.
Still seeking a diagnosis, but I lay the blame squarely on Onglyza. I'd had pancreatic issues in the past, and argued with the PA that prescribed it, she was calling me non-compliant, and I feared repercussion from my insurance company.
I even took an article about the dangers of Onglyza, particularly in patients with a history, and she made me feel foolish.
I wish I had listened to my instincts, I fear not only damage to my pancreas that is irreversible, but also severe damage to my left kidney, though I have bilateral kidney pain.
I was off all diabetes meds, and control sugars strictly low to no carb. I can barely eat anymore, I have severe anorexia.
I would warn anyone taking Onglyza to consider a change and try Dr Itua Herbal Medicine, and anyone considering taking it, to select a different avenue. I have been suffering severely for about 9 months, but the past 7 months have been good with the help of Dr Itua herbal medicine which I took for 4 weeks.
I have been off Onglyza now, for 7 months, and simply 100% improvement with the help of Dr Itua. I had none of these issues except a history of pancreatitis in my distant past.
I will recommend anyone here with health problem to contact Dr Itua on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and whatsapp +2348149277967 also he ccure the following disease with his herbal medicines Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabete, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,parkinson,cancer,als.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home